Every 40 seconds, someone in the United States suffers a heart attack. As part of our standard of care, blood pressure measurements should be taken at every routine appointment. Up to 50% of heart attacks and strokes are triggered by oral pathogens. The dental professional plays a vital role in the screening, prevention, and management of heart disease.
- Discover the latest statistics on heart disease
- Review nitric oxide and the vital role it plays in oral and systemic health
- Identify best practices for screening patients for heart disease
- Evaluate practical approaches to a heart-healthy diet
- Investigate home care therapies to reduce periodontal disease and promote heart health